Posted → Monday March 18th, 2013
at 9:24pm - 8 notes
Finally tried out my salmon recipe I’ve been wanting to try!! And… it came out GREAT!! So for years I’ve normally always had salmon with my mothers onion and mayonnaise topping sauce. But that is SO much mayo and honestly mayo is pretty disgusting I’m trying to lay off of that stuff. I thought ‘what are some mayo alternatives?' GREEK YOGURT! I mostly just eyed everything so measurements are general guestimates. So here is the general recipe:
- 1 Salmon fillet
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (I used Fage)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 tspn dill weed herb (fresh dill would be even better if you have some!)
- wedge of lemon
- Coat the salmon with some salt and pepper on both sides.
- For the sauce, mix together the yogurt, onion, dill, and drizzle in some squeezed lemon juice.
- Spread over the salmon. **It may look like there’s too much yogurt sauce but it’s fine! Mine looked like it was like an inch thick of the sauce but when you bake it it all flattens because a lot of it soaks into the fish!
- Cover loosely with foil.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 40-45minutes or until the yogurt sauce has crusted.
Enjoy this healthy and yummy dish!!
- towriteandlove likes this